San Carlos bans pork, live hogs from Luzon

San Carlos bans pork, live hogs from Luzon

September 25, 2020 laecpour 0

first_imgHe told participants to buy pork meatthat has undergone inspection by the slaughterhouse department and to stopfeeding hogs with pigswill. He assured the public thatlocally-produced pork ASF-free. Gustilo also said that the citygovernment has intensified their information and dissemination campaignon ASFby launching a series of orientations. City veterinarian Dr. Jeff Reonaldiscussed the effects of the disease on the economy and preventive measures thecity has undertaken to prevent ASF from entering the community. Among those attendees includerepresentatives from the city’s 18 barangays, Central Philippine StateUniversity students, hog raisers, farm owners, paravets, and technicians, amongothers. Mayor Renato Gustilo said as apreventive measure, he issued an executive order enforcing a 90-day ban onhogs, pork, pork products, and by-products from ASF-hit areas. BACOLOD City –The city of San Carlosin Negros Occidental has cracked down on the spread of the dreaded Africanswine fever (ASF), issuing orders controlling the entry of live hogs and porkproducts into its area. This move, according to Gustilo, aimsto protect the multi-billion swine industry of the province. “All local government units now arevigilant and requiring permits for pork and processed products isunderstandable,” the governor said. Last month, Gov. Lacson alsoissued an executive order implementing a 90-day entry ban for pork productscoming from Luzon. ASF is a contagious hemorrhagic viraldisease among domestic and wild pigs that can spread rapidly regardless ofborders. Though ASF is not a risk to human health, it can still bring seriouseconomic and production losses to the swine industry./PNlast_img

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *