President Rodrigo Duterte is ordering the Department of Social Welfare and Development to tap the military in distributing the government’s social amelioration program. PNA The government has initially allotted P200 billion as cash aid to the country’s poorest families with most part of the country under enhanced community quarantine due to COVID-19 pandemic. The program, however, will be expanded to cover 5 million more families. “Ang order ko sa kanya, kanina nung nag-meeting kami na he will request na kapwa niya sundalo noon – eh retired na ‘to, that’s why he’s with the Cabinet – na magpatulong siya sa Armed Forces pag-distribute ng pera,” the President said. MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte has ordered the military to assist the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) in the distribution of cash assistance to poor families during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) crisis. Duterte on Tuesday asked DSWD secretary Rolando Bautista to seek the help of soldiers, particularly female ones, in the distribution of emergency subsidies. As of Monday, a total of 1,265 local government units met the deadline for the distribution of the first tranche of the emergency subsidies, the Department of the Interior and Local Government said./PN President Duterte said that the DSWD may commission the women soldiers to help out in the program given that they have more “empathy.”
– ‘Smart decision’ –Lampard himself played in two Super Cup defeats as a Chelsea player in the early part of this decade, and he knows how big a lift it would be for his side to come out on top in Turkey.A transfer ban has prevented him from strengthening over the summer and he has instead given a chance to youth, with Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount — aged 21 and 20 respectively — both hoping to keep their places after starting at the weekend.“I’ll pick the best team to win the game, regardless of age. Mason Mount deserved his chance on absolute merit as opposed to age,” Lampard said.“I will have no fears to play young players, it’s important at a club like Chelsea that we do that, but they need to deserve the chance.”N’Golo Kante is a fitness doubt after a summer plagued by problems, while Lampard admitted that neither Willian nor Antonio Rudiger is ready to start.Meanwhile, recent signing Adrian will be in goal for Liverpool in the absence of first-choice ‘keeper Alisson Becker, who is out with a calf injury.It will all be watched over by Frappart, the 35-year-old Frenchwoman who is no stranger to the spotlight, and her two assistants, compatriot Manuela Nicolosi and Ireland’s Michelle O’Neill.Frappart took charge of the women’s World Cup final last month and earlier this year she became the first woman to referee a men’s match in Ligue 1 in her home country. Little wonder she insisted that “nothing changes” for her in this game.“It’s great news, I’m very pleased to be a part of this moment in history which is very much due,” said Lampard.Klopp added: “I am happy that we can be part of a historic moment. It’s a very smart decision to have a woman referee a very, very important game.”Share on: WhatsApp FILE PHOTO: LiverpoolIstanbul, Turkey | AFP | Liverpool and Chelsea are eyeing some early-season silverware as the Premier League rivals meet in the UEFA Super Cup in Istanbul on Wednesday in what will be the first major men’s European encounter to be refereed by a woman, with France’s Stephanie Frappart taking charge.Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool have a settled look and are hoping momentum will carry them through this campaign on the back of their victory in the Champions League final in June, a triumph which ended a seven-year trophy drought.In contrast, Chelsea have lost star man Eden Hazard since winning the Europa League and replaced the departed Maurizio Sarri with the relatively inexperienced Frank Lampard in the dugout.Lampard’s managerial career at the club he served with such distinction as a player began with a 4-0 humbling at the hands of Manchester United on Sunday.It is little wonder that Liverpool are favourites to win the Super Cup for the fourth time in Wednesday’s match, at the home of Besiktas on the European side of the Bosphorus, which kicks off at 1900 GMT.Their last victory in the one-off showpiece came in 2005, just after their stunning win over AC Milan to win the Champions League in Istanbul.– Lampard praised –“We won one competition last year, that’s all. This team is built for being successful and that is what we try to do. Tomorrow (Wednesday) night is another chance for us,” insisted Klopp.However, the German warned his team to be wary of a new-look Chelsea, whose performance against United was generally accepted to be far better than the final result suggested.“If people really think that Chelsea is not a real challenge then I can’t help these people,” Klopp said.“They are really strong and young and fresh, and everything is exciting in the moment because Frank is there, new, the club legend.“It will be really interesting, and for us it’s a really important game.”
-Larry Pruitt, 67, of Morriston, Fla. He was the pilot and owner of the plane.-Shawn Lamont, 41, of Gainesville, Fla. -Jody Lamont, 43, of Gainesville. She was the wife of Shawn and daughter of Larry Pruitt.-Jayce Lamont, 6. He was the son of Shawn and Jody Lamont.-Alice Lamont, 4. She was the daughter of Shawn and Jody Lamont.The family was flying from Levy County, Florida to Newcastle, Indiana in order to attend a funeral, deputies said.The crash remains under investigation. A plane crash in Georgia killed a grieving Florida family over the weekend.According to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, a small plane crashed in a wooded area near Eatonton, which is located about an hour southeast of Atlanta.Deputies identified the victims involved in the crash as:
When undergraduate students join Delhi University next year, their courses will not just be longer by a year but probably better too. The varsity has decided to make a new curriculum for all undergraduate courses for the session starting July 2013.DU says a new hands-on curriculum is on the cards which will replace the existing syllabi for the first year. Though time is scarce, senior DU officials say they will get cracking before the end of this month so that the four-year undergraduate programmes can usher in a new study culture in the university when the next session begins.”What’s taught today is too didactic and rigorous. We want to give students time to evolve through their college course,” said a senior DU official who will be working on the course framework for next year.DU Vice-Chancellor, Professor Dinesh Singh, said: “We want a new curriculum to be taught in the first year from the next session. It will offer students more time and opportunities to work on projects, innovation and research. The students will have time to think about what they want to study. We are also looking at making the theory part less hectic.” With only nine months to go before the next session begins, Singh said groups of teachers will soon start working on developing a new course for all undergraduate programmes. “We will be able to frame a new curriculum for the first year by next year. We can then take time to develop content for subsequent years as we go along,” he added.advertisementClick here to EnlargeThe fact that there are nearly 80 undergraduate courses taught in different DU colleges makes the task more daunting. But Singh feels that the four-year programmes will bring an end to all academic woes.One of the highlights of the proposed scheme is that students will be awarded credit points for different papers as well as co-curricular activities. So if a student excels in a sport, he can seek credit for it and avoid studying for a paper. Secondly, students will have three exit options over the four-year duration. They will get a diploma if they choose to exit after two years, a general degree after three years and a degree equivalent to the existing honours degree on the completion of the course.Teachers, however, are apprehensive. They believe DU is rushing the changes without proper preparation. “We have no information of the curriculum change. We talk of being student friendly but those taking admission next year will have no clue about what is in store for them,” said Sanam Khanna, associate professor, Kamala Nehru College.She said that a new curriculum is adopted after much discussion and debate among teachers in general body meetings as well as course committees. “It’s a laborious process that takes a lot of time. Besides, we have to stock up our library and prepare our teaching material accordingly,” Khanna said.A teacher from Shri Ram College of Commerce was as cynical. “Will students get more jobs after studying for four years? Will they be considered better-qualified? DU officials have no idea of the problems at the grass-root level. I think it’s time they focused on quality and appointment of teachers,” he said.
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Butt insists Man Utd fortunate to have Solskjaer as managerby Freddie Taylor3 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United head of first team development Nicky Butt says the club are fortunate to have Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as manager.Academy graduates Axel Tuanzebe, James Garner, Angel Gomes, Brandon Williams, Tahith Chong and Mason Greenwood have all featured this season.And Butt says the Norwegian’s experience of working in the academy and being a young player at the club is vitally important in his role.”He’s really approachable, knows the club inside out, what it takes to be a footballer here,” Butt said of Solskjaer.”Even though he wasn’t an academy member, he came as a very young boy and was lost, didn’t know what to do and embraced the club and ended up becoming one of the family.”We’re fortunate at the minute that Ole is in hotseat. He’s coached in the academy, he did his coaching badges with academy players and coaches, so he knows pretty much everybody right down to the Under-12s in the club and that can only be beneficial.”
Twitter/@BleacherReportMidway through the fourth quarter of Saturday’s Big 12 showdown between Baylor and Oklahoma, Bears safety Terrell Burt went down with what Kirk Herbstreit, on air, called a “bush league” flop. As it turns out, Burt’s injury was legit, and Herbstreit later apologized for his comments on Twitter. Today, Burt took to the platform, and made sure to let everyone know that he’d do something like that.I will never ever fake an injury. I will always fight for my brothers and give them my all regardless. #BaylorNation #lionhearted— Terrell Burt (@terrell_burt_13) November 16, 2015Burt had reportedly been injured on a prior play, but did not want to come out of the game, so teammate Ryan Reid had to tell him to go down to receive treatment.