Tag: 北京嫩茶论坛

Bigger roles ahead for Brian Heruela, David Semerad at TNT

first_imgView comments “They’ll definitely get more of a chance here there’s no doubt about that. They fit in really well here with what we’re trying to do,” TNT consultant Mark Dickel said after Monday’s practice at Moro Lorenzo Sports Center inside Ateneo de Manila University campus in Quezon City.Heruela and Semerad are eager to show what they’re capable of something that they weren’t able to do during their time with the Beermen, who relied heavily on their star-studded core of June Mar Fajardo, Arwind Santos, Marcio Lassiter, Alex Cabagnot and Chris Ross, due to their lack of playing time.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissThe 29-year-old Heruela was a third round pick by Blackwater in 2014 but he emerged as one of the Elite’s top players before he was surprisingly traded to the Beermen.“I learned a lot coming from SMB. I’ve matured. To be honest, whether or not it’s a big role, my mindset is to just be physically and mentally ready,” Heruela said. Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Far from satisfied, Team Lakay aims to continue success in 2019 Brian Heruela. Photo by Mark Giongco/INQUIRER.netAfter spending most their time riding the San Miguel Beer bench for the past several seasons, Brian Heruela and David Semerad are looking forward to playing a more significant role with their new squad TNT.Heruela and Semerad were part of the deal that sent embattled guard Terrence Romeo to the Beermen last month.ADVERTISEMENT Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title LATEST STORIES MOST READ Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award The 6-foot-4 Semerad has yet to get his break in the pros but his collegiate career at San Beda where he won four championships speaks for himself.“I’m a hustle player. I work hard on defense. I’m working on pick and rolls with the team so I fit in well here,” said Semerad, who joins his twin brother Anthony at TNT.The Semerad twins are teammates for the first time since their collegiate days.The two, along with fellow new acquisition Michael Miranda get their chance to prove themselves on opening day with TNT taking on Barangay Ginebra to usher in the PBA’s 44th Season on Sunday at Philippine Arena.“Whatever it is that I can do to help the team, I’m more than willing to do that,” said much-improved big man Michael Miranda, who blossomed into a dependable role player under Yeng Guiao at NLEX.ADVERTISEMENT Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’last_img read more


January 18, 2020 0

Mangalia Shipyard Starts Operations Under Damen Brand

first_imgzoomImage Courtesy: Damen Dutch shipbuilder Damen Shipyards Group has completed the acquisition of the stake in Mangalia shipyard in Romania from Korean shipbuilding giant Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME).The transaction was faced with several hurdles since its signing in November 2017.DSME owned 51% of the shares in the yard, formerly known as Daewoo Mangalia Heavy Industries (DMHI), and the Romanian government the remaining 49%.However, the government was blocking the agreement between Damen and Daewoo for several months as it wanted to exercise its pre-emptive right through its shareholding in Santierul Naval 2 Mai SA Mangalia.On March 21, 2018, negotiations between Damen and the Romanian government on DMHI were completed. The state decided to waive its pre-emptive right to acquire the stake owned by DSME under one condition. Specifically, Damen will have to assign 2% of the 51% share bought from Daewoo.With this agreement, the Romanian government is becoming the majority shareholder in DMHI with 51% stake in the yard and Damen will hold the remaining 49% stake, Romanian Ministry of Economy said.The yard, which will be renamed Damen Shipyards Mangalia, will be operated as a joint venture with the Romanian Government, with Damen assuming operational control.The yard is located on the Black Sea coast, has three drydocks with a total length of 982 metres and 1.6 kilometres of berthing space. The docks, with a width of 48 and 60 metres, will provide Damen with capacity to cater for larger maritime vessels and structures.Damen described the acquisition as a strategic move as the yard will complement Damen’s current shipyard portfolio, with the possibility for the construction and conversion of larger, high-end, and complex ferries, offshore construction vessels, etc. The yard’s total area of approximately 1 million m2 makes it the largest yard in the Damen Shipyards Group.To signify its first day of operations at Damen Shipyards Mangalia in Romania, Damen held a ceremony at the yard on Monday, July 23.The celebration introduced the Damen Shipyards Mangalia management team under the leadership of managing director Chris Groninger to the yard’s employees.“We will face a challenging period, considering the yard’s current condition. However, with the full support of the Romanian Government, 2MMS, the shipyard’s experienced workforce, and the local community, Damen aims to restore the financial health of the yard, stabilize employment and pursue fitting commercial opportunities internationally that will contribute to rebuilding activity levels. In the meantime, Damen will facilitate a smooth transition and keep talented and skilled resources meaningfully employed,” Damen Shipyards Group executive board member Eggink, CFO, said.last_img read more


October 23, 2019 0