By Doug OttoOcean’s City’s Boy Scout Troop 32 will once again participate in the national Scouting For Food program.Scouting for Food is an ongoing annual program of the Boy Scouts of America, begun in 1985, and involves collecting for local food banks. It is organized and supported at the local level throughout the country.The food drive, which collects non-perishable items, provides much needed food items to help fight hunger in our communities. One out of five children and one out of every twelve households with seniors go hungry in New Jersey. In New Jersey alone, 900,000 people rely on food banks just to survive. Items needed include:· Non-perishable food items· Canned protein (tuna, salmon, chicken, peanut butter)· Soups & stews (beef stew, chili, meat-based soups)· 100% fruit juices (all sizes)· Grains (pasta, whole grain pasta, rice, brown rice, boxed macaroni & cheese)· Cereals (multi grain, low sugar such as cheerios, cornflakes, raisin bran, grape nuts, oatmeal)· Canned vegetables· Canned fruits· Condiments· Hygiene products (diapers, toilet paper, tissues, soap, toothpaste For more information about the Scouting For Food Program or Troop 32, contact Scoutmaster Dean William Mitzel at (609) 938-0725 or email: [email protected]
View Comments Cinderella Film and TV star. Recording Artist. Talk show host. Now, Broadway princess! Keke Palmer, donning the iconic ball gown, took her first bow in Cinderella on September 9, becoming the first African American to play the titular princess on Broadway. And how does it feel? “This is crazy. THIS IS CRAZY, GIRL!” she said in a recent interview on NBC Nightly News. Well, at least she’s excited. Palmer explained that an African American actress in the role lets audiences know “that just because you have never seen it doesn’t mean that you can’t be it.” A message certainly reminiscent of the familiar fairy tale. Congratulations to Palmer on her Great White Way debut, and here’s to many more lovely nights at the Broadway Theatre! Check out the clip below, which includes a taste of the new star singing the classic Rodgers and Hammerstein score. Show Closed This production ended its run on Jan. 4, 2015 Related Shows
RelatedPosts COVID-19: NCAA to revoke erring airlines licence over non-compliance FRSC to Schools: We’ll arrest, prosecute drivers who flout COVID-19 rules Sanwo-Olu: We’re committed to fulfilling promises to Lagosians The Management and officials of the Nigeria Football Federation will undergo coronavirus tests at the Secretariat of the Federation, Sunday Dankaro House, National Stadium Complex, Abuja on Thursday.The General Secretary of the Federation, Dr. Mohammed Sanusi, addressed the Management and Staff on Wednesday, informing them that this becomes pertinent following the positive test of a Member of the Management. Sanusi said: “Apart from him testing positive, I also had issues and had to go for tests when I was feeling ill and uncomfortable.“But the truth is most of us have had contact with one another over the days, thus it is important we do the tests.“I want to appreciate the Federal Government immensely for their efforts so far to contain the pandemic, and also officials of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control for agreeing to come to the NFF offices to conduct the tests.“After the tests, the offices and the entire complex will be disinfected in line with the protocols of the COVID19.”Sanusi also disclosed that after the tests, the offices would be closed for the disinfection process, while the Management and Staff will work from home. Once the results are out, those who tested negative will immediately resume work in the Secretariat, while anyone who tests positive will be required to self-isolate for the period stipulated in the COVID-19 protocols by the Federal Government.Tags: COVID-19Dr. Mohammed SanusiGeneral Secretary of the FederationNFFSunday Dankaro
Interim boss Noel King has included the trio in a provisional 26-man party for next month’s World Cup qualifiers against Germany and Kazakhstan. Nottingham Forest midfielder Reid has not figured in the squad since the early days of Trapattoni’s reign after an incident at the team hotel following a qualifying victory over Georgia in the German city of Mainz in September 2008, while Stokes too has been conspicuous by his absence in recent seasons despite his exploits with Celtic. Press Association However, Gibson’s exile has been self-imposed following Trapattoni’s decision to leave him sitting on the bench for the entire Euro 2012 finals campaign in Poland. The Everton midfielder revealed earlier this month that he would make himself available for selection once again following the 74-year-old Italian’s departure. Trapattoni lost his job after five-and-a-half years following defeats by Sweden and Austria which ended Ireland’s hopes of making it to next summer’s finals in Brazil. Defenders Richard Dunne and John O’Shea, who are suspended for the game in Cologne on October 11, will return to the squad for the clash with the Kazakhs in Dublin four days later. There is also a return for Wolves striker Kevin Doyle, but there are no places for Trapattoni stalwarts Darren O’Dea, David Meyler, Simon Cox or Conor Sammon. Ireland squad: David Forde (Millwall), Keiren Westwood (Sunderland), Darren Randolph (Birmingham), Joey O’Brien (West Ham), Sean St Ledger (Leicester), Marc Wilson (Stoke), Seamus Coleman (Everton), Stephen Kelly (Reading), Ciaran Clark (Aston Villa), Paul McShane (Hull), Darron Gibson (Everton), Glenn Whelan (Stoke), James McCarthy (Everton), Paul Green (Leeds), Andy Reid (Nottingham Forest), Aiden McGeady (Spartak Moscow), Anthony Pilkington (Norwich), James McClean (Wigan), Robbie Brady, Stephen Quinn (both Hull), Wes Hoolahan (Norwich), Shane Long (West Brom), Robbie Keane (Los Angeles Galaxy), Jon Walters (Stoke), Kevin Doyle (Wolves), Anthony Stokes (Celtic). Andy Reid, Darron Gibson and Anthony Stokes have been recalled to the Ireland squad in the wake of Giovanni Trapattoni’s departure.