Tabcorp raises $371m through institutional entitlement offer August 24, 2020 Flutter moves to refine merger benefits against 2020 trading realities August 27, 2020 Share Senet Australia appoints Paul Newsom as new client advisory lead August 27, 2020 StumbleUpon Related Articles Share Submit Major Australian operator Tabcorp believes it has learned some lessons in its involvement with new UK operator Sun Bets, although these appear to have come at a rather expensive cost.The performance of the brand was one of three major deficits to Tabcorp’s balance sheet, which has seen the company report a loss for the financial year of AU$20.8m (£12.6m) compared to a profit of $169m (£103m) the previous year.Tabcorp’s results show that Sun Bets made an operating loss of $47.6m (£28.8m) over the period, and that the firm also wrote down its Sun Bets assets by $20.7m (£12.5m). Other major costs for the company in this time included $53.9m (£32.6m) spent on the proposed merger with Tatts and $61.8m (£37.4m) to settle long running civil proceedings with AUSTRAC. All in all, Tabcorp’s significant items reached $199.7m (£121m), totally wiping out its profits after tax of $178.9m (£108m).The figures show why Tabcorp was compelled to ‘reset’ the Sun Bets business earlier this year with a management shake-up. Chairman Paula Dwyer commented: “The initial performance of Sun Bets has reminded us of the challenges of start-ups. As a consequence we have reviewed its operating model, capability and financial plans and have undertaken a range of initiatives to maximise the prospects of success in FY18 and beyond.”Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer David Attenborough acknowledged Sun Bets performance was ‘disappointing’ but said that the changes mean that the business is focused on customer acquisition and product development.He said: “While we had hoped for a better start to the business in its first 11 months of operation and with performance below expectations, we are confident that the steps that we have taken to recalibrate Sun Bets’ leadership and operations will deliver an improved performance in the year ahead.”The Sun owner News International and Tabcorp signed a 10 year deal on the Sun Bets venture, which sees the Australian operator guarantee a minimum fee every year to its partner. However there is a mechanism to end the agreement in 2019 if performance continues to struggle.Meanwhile Tabcorp and Tatts have said that they remain committed to the merger and are continuing to progress the transaction. Scheme documentation is expected to be released in September 2017, with a meeting of Tatts’ shareholders to vote on the combination expected to be held in October 2017. Tabcorp says it expects to complete the transaction in the last quarter of 2017.The Federal Court is scheduled to hear the ACCC and CrownBet’s applications for a judicial review of the Australian Competition Tribunal’s authorisation of the combination on 28-29 August. The judicial review will focus on discrete points of law rather than the factual findings of the Tribunal. Tatts has joined Tabcorp in opposing these applications.Attenborough concluded: “Our plan for FY18 centres on completing the combination with Tatts. At the same time, we have a clear set of priorities to drive performance in our core businesses and benefit from the strategic initiatives we delivered in FY17.“We will continue to focus on maintaining a disciplined approach to operating expenses and capital expenditure and delivering sustainable returns for our shareholders and partners.”
PITTSBURGH, Pa. — The A’s can’t get home soon enough.After it looked like they would win in 13 innings Sunday at PNC Park, the home team clawed back, and Pirates center fielder Starling Marte’s walkoff home run handed the A’s a 5-3 loss.Fernando Rodney served it up, spoiling what looked to be a terrific pitching performance by the A’s.As a result, the A’s wrapped up this road trip with just one win in nine games. It’s time to Partay!#RAISEIT pic.twitter.com/qRnjvzJOoM— Pirates …
BSP sees higher prices in November, but expects stronger peso, low rice costs to put up fight Representatives of the teams proudly wore their nifty new threads for the upcoming season. New year, new look. 🔥#NIKExNBA(Via @NBA) pic.twitter.com/K4xVbunOAN— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) September 16, 2017Most teams boasted significant and modernized changes to their uniforms, while some opted to keep their signature style from previous seasons.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES From NCAA to UAAP, Ayo and Jarin have each other’s respect In July, Nike confirmed that it will do away with the traditional “Home and Away” uniforms and replace them with the “Association” and “Icon” editions.READ: Nike to junk ‘home’ and ’away’ designations for jerseys next seasonNike also described the colorful designs as “inspired by the team’s desire to make a bold statement every time they step on the court.”The “Statement” uniform will be available for purchase on all NBA Stores starting Nov. 20. /ra Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. E.T. returns to earth, reunites with grown-up Elliott in new ad Read Next Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:08Smash hit? Tesla suffers broken glass mishap at launch of new truck01:48NBA: Kawhi, George seek more for Clippers than beating Lakers01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games View comments WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding Fire hits houses in Mandaluyong City MOST READ Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Frontrow holds fun run to raise funds for young cancer patients Nike took over the reigns from Adidas as the official jersey manufacturer of the NBA and it didn’t take long for the sporting giant to leave its mark.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutIn a star-studded event in Los Angeles on Friday (Saturday in Manila), both Nike and the NBA officially unveiled their innovative “Statement Jerseys” from all 30 NBA franchises.ADVERTISEMENT LOOK: Loisa Andalio, Ronnie Alonte unwind in Amanpulo for 3rd anniversary Nonong Araneta re-elected as PFF president Aside from the vibrant alternates, players donned a new hoodie design as warm-ups—another first for the league.
Read Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Geneveve Casugod with coach Kid Santos. Photo from Kid Santos’ Facebook account.Philippine sports lost a legend in Florentino “Kid” Santos, who passed away on Wednesday due to cardiac arrest. He was 67.Santos had a celebrated volleyball career as a player and coach for Far Eastern University, which won majority of its championships in both the men and women’s divisions under his watch.ADVERTISEMENT QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Santos was a beloved figure in the country’s volleyball scene and it’s no surprise that heartfelt messages and tributes poured out in the wake of his passing.“Sad news for the volleyball community, Coach Kid Santos joined our Creator😢Not only a great mentor but a second father to many….,” former La salle star Ivy Remulla wrote on Twitter.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“Learned so much about handling athletes from Kidd Santos. Great coach, even better person and father to all FEU athletes. You will truly be missed. RIP Coach Kidd,” posted FEU athletic director Mark Molina on his Twitter account.Even the current generation of players mourned Santos’ untimely death. Love, LeBron push Cavaliers past Antetokounmpo, Bucks John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd PLAY LIST 02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd00:50Trending Articles01:24Group urges Senate to pass bill on liquor, vape tax hike before yearend01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games “My last picture with you Coach Kidd. You inspired and touched the lives of so many people, including me. Salamat sa lahat Coach Kidd RIP 💚💛” said FEU spiker Jerrili Malabanan.“A father to me and to many.. one of the pillars of Ph Volleyball.. SALAMAT po sa lahat. RIP Coach Kid Santos 😔” wrote University of the Philippines libero Pia Gaiser. Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA LATEST STORIES Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa MOST READ View comments
Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town “I plan to embrace the culture and leave with an appetite for more,” said Joshua, whose 22 professional fights have all taken place in Britain. He has won all of those bouts, 21 by knockout.His last five fights have been in stadiums, with nearly 400,000 spectators attending in total. The highest-profile bout was against Wladimir Klitschko in front of 90,000 fans at Wembley Stadium in April 2017.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesBut Joshua has been increasingly aware that he needs to fight in the United States to raise his global profile.“AJ has created an incredible ‘Lion’s Den’ atmosphere in the U.K. and we plan to bring that energy to New York,” said Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn. He won’t be doing so against WBC champion Deontay Wilder, who also is undefeated and most recently fought to a draw with Tyson Fury in December. Wilder has been openly critical of Joshua, claiming Joshua has been ducking him, and that boxing fans want to see a matchup to consolidate all the heavyweight titles.Joshua has said he is looking to unify the belts, but negotiations with Wilder broke down last year.Miller, meanwhile, also is undefeated after winning 23 of his 24 fights. He was born in New York, so fighting at the Garden is a natural for him.“AJ is making a huge mistake coming over here to fight me in my own backyard,” Miller said. “He wants to announce himself on the American stage, but all he’s doing is delivering me those belts by hand.”The fight will be broadcast by DAZN, the streaming service that also has a huge monetary deal with middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez. It will be on live television in the U.K.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES “I am looking forward to taking on another challenge with a good boxer and a brilliant talker,” Joshua said. “It will be an exciting fight, I will leave nothing to chance, and plan on dismantling Miller in style to make my mark.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants Boxers, Britain’s Anthony Joshua, left, and Russia’s Alexander Povetkin pose for photographers with boxing promoter Eddie Hearn, centre, after a press conference at Wembley stadium in London, Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein)LONDON — The Anthony Joshua roadshow is finally heading to the United States. Not to fight the only other heavyweight champion, though.The four-title champion will make his American boxing debut when he defends his WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO belts against Jarrell Miller at Madison Square Garden on June 1.ADVERTISEMENT Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes D’Angelo Russell delivers in OT to lift Nets past Cavaliers ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting View comments
LATEST STORIES INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA – APRIL 21: Tyreke Evans #12 of the Indiana Pacers shoots the ball against the Boston Celtics in game four of the first round of the 2019 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on April 21, 2019 in Indianapolis, Indiana. Andy Lyons/Getty Images/AFPINDIANAPOLIS — The NBA has banned Indiana Pacers guard Tyreke Evans at least two years for violating the league’s anti-drug policy.The league announced that Evans had been dismissed and disqualified on Friday. He can apply for reinstatement in 2021.ADVERTISEMENT DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew Yancy De Ocampo to retire if San Miguel wins Grand Slam MOST READ Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Two-day strike in Bicol fails to cripple transport View comments Catholic schools seek legislated pay hike, too ‘Rebel attack’ no cause for concern-PNP, AFP Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess Ethel Booba twits Mocha over 2 toilets in one cubicle at SEA Games venue Pacers general manager Kevin Pritchard declined comment at the NBA draft combine in Chicago. The team said it in a statement it would reach out to Evans to offer our support.A 10-year veteran who will be a free agent after the season, Evans averaged 10.2 points in 69 games after signing with the Pacers in July. He scored 19.4 points per game for Memphis in 2017-18 and previously played for Sacramento and New Orleans.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logisticsEvans sat out one game early in the season for violating team rules and issued an apology then for being late to practice. He also missed three games late in the year due to personal reasons and a respiratory infection. Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles01:06Palace: Up to MTRCB to ban animated movie Magellan in PH00:33Duterte mulling ban on plastic use02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.